Mockingjay - Collins Suzanne
I currently hate myself for my tepid response to the second book. I don’t know what was/is wrong with me. I’m still not sure if the audio ruined my experience or if that book just suffered from some weird middle book syndrome or I'm just dumb. In my defense I didn’t love the second Harry Potter book either.

What I noticed immediately is that Katniss’s ‘voice’ was back. I was relieved and yet I still really wasn’t sold on it all. I was scared that the series had just gotten away from me – that I just didn’t get it anymore. And then at some point it freaking snuck up on me and punched me in the gut and I got it!

I don’t know how anyone can finish this book and not feel completely drained and overwhelmed. I am routinely disappointed by how books end, but Collins nailed this one. It was everything I could have hoped for, but at the same time not completely predictable.

I still can’t say this book is sheer perfection like the first book. Reading that was a one of a kind experience.

All along I’ve been a little grumbly about the love triangle, but I am now at peace with it.

I wish I had something more clever or poignant to say, but that's about all I can muster for now.